New courses open for Stevenson students

Stevenson is opening its doors to two new courses next school year, Writing Center and AP Capstone. Capstone will be available to juniors. Only seniors can take Writing Center.
Seniors can take Writing Center for an English 12 credit. Students will be trained by local college/university writing center partners. The class will be available fourth hour in order to staff the center for Stevenson students looking to use the Writing Center.
There is a two-step process to apply. The first step is to fill out an online application. For the link, contact Ms. Christiansen at [email protected] The final process will take place March 20, 21 and 27, 2019. Students may complete the second part before school, immediately after school, or at lunch as it is designed to take no more than 20 minutes.
AP Capstone is a two-year program endorsed by leading universities, including Wayne State, Michigan State University and University of Michigan. The first year focuses on team projects and presentation, individual research-based essays and presentations, and an end-of-course exam. The second year focuses on an academic paper and presentation and oral defense.
For those interested in joining these classes, talk to the counselors or Ms. Annette Christansen.